The Parents Association is organized and operated to raise funds exclusively for educational, artistic, and social purposes for the students of Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. It's objectives are:
- to strengthen and support LaGuardia High School for the benefit and educational, artistic and social growth of all the students;
- to promote positive relationships between the parents, leadership and staff of LaGuardia High School;
- to encourage and foster participation in the Executive Board and Parent Association that reflect the cultural, racial, and socio-economic diversity of the parent body;
- to provide opportunities and training for parents to participate in school governance and decision making;
- to pursue the integration and participation of parent/guardian membership whose first language is not English.