WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on your student's new adventure as a member of the Class of 2025 or 2026 at LaGuardia High School!
In a few weeks, their freshman or sophomore journey will begin, and we want everyone to be prepared for the upcoming school year.
Whether you are new to high school, or are transferring from another high school, we hope that LaGuardia is everything you hoped for!
Once your student arrives on September 8th, student orientation activities will be incorporated into the first few days of school.
We'd like to invite all new LaGuardia families for an IN-PERSON Welcome session at the school on either September 13th at 6:30 pm OR September 14th at 7:30 am to connect with other LaGuardia families, and learn how you can get involved. Principal Vasconcelos will be joining us, and light refreshments will be served, IRL, for real!
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
* Schedules will be viewable on September 7th on NYCSA account, so students will know where to report for classes. Here is the Regular Bell Schedule. The first few days of school will follow special schedules to include orientation activities.
* All parents/guardians are automatically members of the Parents Association! Please complete the Parents Association signup as soon as possible so you don’t miss information shared by the PA.
* If you need help activating your NYCSA account, please contact Parent Coordinator Allison Price firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Information about Fall Athletic Tryouts has been shared with families via the temporary incoming families email list, and has also been posted on the school homepage, www.laguardiahs.org, under "Announcements." For additional information, please contact Athletic Director and Assistant Principal of Safety and Security Greg Brummell: email@example.com.
* Metrocards are distributed on the first day of school. LIRR discount forms are processed in the Main Office.
It's a good idea to do a practice trip via the subway or bus, or whichever way your student plans to get to school before the first day.
We look forward to seeing students on September 8th, and families on either September 13th at 6:30 pm OR September 14th at 7:30 am.
We hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!
LaGuardia HS Parents Association